(24 March 2020)
Dear patient of Perekliinik!
Since 20 March, only certain patients will be targeted for COVID-19 testing. We would like to remind you that treatment does not depend on test results, but on the patient’s symptoms and severity of the symptoms. As there is currently no specific treatment, all patients are treated the same regardless of the results of the analysis.
COVID-19 test is not indicated for healthy people with no symptoms, including COVID contacts with no symptoms.
COVID-19 test is only indicated for patients who manifest symptoms such as fever, dry cough and breathing difficulties and are also in one of the following groups:
- people over the age of 80
- people with severe chronic diseases, at any age
- residents and employees of nursing homes
- health and emergency service workers (including caregivers and pharmacists), patients hospitalized or to be hospitalized, and providers of vital services (Police and Border Guard Board, Rescue Board, Defence League, Defence Forces, Tax and Customs Board) – these institutions can independently send their employees to testing and the family physician needs not be contacted.
This means, two requirements must be met!
No repeat testing is done.
A person is considered healthy if:
- at least 14 days have passed from the beginning of the symptoms
- he/she has not had a fever for 48 hours
- has not had any other acute symptoms for 24 hours
Testing is done at mobile testing stations!