Opening a sick or care leave


If you need a sick leave or care leave (due to the need to care for a child or a family member), you must call your family doctor on the first day of illness.

The family doctor can open a sick leave or care leave for an illness that began on the weekend if the patient has called the family doctor’s advice line at the number 1220, visited the hospital’s emergency room, or called an ambulance and has been provided with the relevant certificate. The certificate must be submitted to the family doctor within two days.